A munch is a casual gathering in a restaurant or bar where people can meet and interact in a no-pressure environment. Come out, grab some food or drink and chill with like minded people!
I still remember my first munch, and the fact that I just stood there, and felt like an idiot for being so shy. The people were the nicest and friendliest people I’ve ever met. I’ve found resources and been able to speak to people about my kink, without fear of confrontation or judgement. The amount of tolerance and openness is cannot be measured, and the discussions that can be overheard make me smile and feel at home.
— Ve-ra, TNG member since about 2009
Munches are held on the second Monday of every month and start at 7:00pm (end time? Depends on traffic flow. If you can get there before 10:30, you’ll be fine). For 2016 we’ll be meeting on the following days:
January 11 April 11 July 11 October 10
February 8 May 9 August 8 November 14
March 14 June 13 September 12 December 12
…if you’re imagining that everyone there is painfully hip and aloof, don’t. It’s a friendly, dorky, enthusiastic mix of folk.
— Blaze Orange, TNG member since about 2007
The main philosophy governing our rules is “be discreet, respectful, and use common sense.”
- Use common sense. If in doubt, don’t do it — it’s probably not appropriate.
- No public display of toys.
- No play. This is not a fetish event, have your clothing and behaviour reflect this.
- Respect the venue, staff, and your fellow attendees.
- Keep in mind that not everyone attending is outed. Please be discreet in outside conversation.
- We have a strict no harassment policy. Please show respect to any boundaries that are set. If you’re feeling uncomfortable, or threatened by another’s behaviour, please come speak to an organizer.
- The munch is restricted to people between the ages of 18-35. TNG’ers may bring their older partners with them as guests, however people outside of that age range attending on their own will be asked to leave
Don’t worry too much about memorizing the rules; if in doubt, don’t do it until you can ask a host!
Almost everyone is nervous their first time, but relax – we’re friendly! Feel free to come a bit before 7pm to meet the organizers before things get busy. You’re also welcome to contact us and let us know to keep an eye out for you. If you have questions, check out the FAQ first, then feel free to get in touch with one of the organizers for answers.
We’ve just moved to a bigger, more accessible space at Spirits Bar and Grill – 642 Church St, Toronto; which is on the South West corner of Church and Hayden. The nearest subway station is Bloor/Yonge, and in addition to street parking out front there’s a Green P nearby on Charles St.